Tuesday 30 July 2013

Weekly Wantings: The Roaring Twenties

Great Gatsby Earrings


The 1920s, otherwise known as the 'Roaring Twenties' or 'Jazz Age', was an era which seemed to introduce modern fashion into Western society. Bobbed hair, shift dresses and elegant fabrics such as velvet & satin were all over the place; not forgetting flapper dresses.

The latest film version of The Great Gatsby channelled the fashion of the 20s perfectly. After watching the film I was fascinated and jealous of the beautiful jewellery Carey Mulligan was wearing. I searched around a little for more information and found out that Tiffany & Co. had designed all the jewellery. I was particularly amazed by the earrings and went on a hunt online for the perfect Gatsby-esque ones. A long trawl of the internet resulted in barely anything so I ended up giving up; that was, until the other day..

After looking on Marks & Spencer's website at dresses (the Limited Edition ones are really nice) a gorgeous pair of earrings popped up on my homepage. Further noseying on page after page at their jewellery led me to find this 3 pairs of gorgeous earrings. As soon as I saw them I remembered my quest for Gatsby-esque earrings. I particularly love the ones on the right and may have to buy them.

Did you like the jewellery on The Great Gatsby? What do you think of these earrings?

Alice
  x

No comments:

Post a Comment